Saturday, April 5, 2008

Beware the Ninja-neer!

At a dinner with some old friends the other night, one of them said something about "an engineer". Despite the fact that I was sitting right next to her, somehow I heard "a ninja-neer", and even though I immediately realized my mistake, the idea of the ninja-neer struck me as a great idea. Well, many of those great ideas I stumble upon eventually end up as t-shirts, and this one was no exception!

Ninja-neer t-shirt
I had a lot of fun creating this one, and ended up utilizing a pretty cool 3-d modeling program called DAZ 3D. It's quite powerful, and as an extra bonus, it's free! Perhaps those that shell out a couple of hundred dollars for Poser can do more, but DAZ 3D provided everything I needed to create my ninja.

Of course a ninja-neer needs a suitable haiku as well, so I came up with one of those to go on the back of the shirt:

Deft, swift keystrokes
Smirk of satisfaction
Code bug assassinated

OK, so I'm no Basho, but it seems to fit the concept sufficiently...

(Even though this blog is t-shirt-centric, I'd also like to mention that the ninja-neer design is available on a mug and a mousepad as well!)

No comments: